Urticaria is common dermatology condition that has its action all over the body characterised with intense itching and burning.
Urticaria is a condition characterised by sudden and transient appears of wheals(skin lesion) which is accompanied with intense itching and burning.
Urticaria is is skin reaction towards exogenous factors whic results into hypersensitivity reaction of skin which appears in the form of erythematous wheals.
- Insect bites-bugs,wasps,nettles
- Foods-few individuals are sensitive to few foods products commonly eggs,mushroom,food preservatives,artificial colours.
- Drug sensitivity
- Parasites- parasites are believed to be one of the cause for Urticaria like round worm,hook worm,tape worm…etc.
- Psychogenic cause-over exertion,emotional depression
- Few systemic diseases like SLE,RA.
- Genetic predisposition is common.
- Urticaria has abrupt onset,affecting any part of skin either locally or genralised. Urticaria also affects mucous membrane of lips,mouth,pharynx,larynx.
- Urticaria starts with symptoms like intense itching and burning.
How the lesions look:
- Urticaria starts as red erythematous macules,soon becomes oedematous wheals,with irregular,asymmetrical.
- Urticaria are velvetty to touch and erythema are well defined
CureFactor- Urticaria disappears on pressure.
- Urticaria subsides within few hours.
- Angioneurotic oedema
- Odema of glottis is medical emergency.
- Reassurance,identify the cause and eliminate it.
- Avoid all precipitating causes keep yourself free from all kind mental stress
- Have bland,simple diet during acute attack
- Avoid tea,coffee,alcohol.