Tinea cruris is one of the common dermatology (skin) disease,of fungal origin. Tinea cruris is fungal infection of genitocrural region.
- Causative fungus- Epidermophyton.
- Tinae corporis is very common in hot humid weather.
- Tinea corporis is spread through infected fomites (fomites are substances other than water and food contaminated with infectious discharge of patient and is able to capable of contaminating healthy individual like towels,pencils,spoon,cup…etc ) close contact.
- Predisposing factors-very commonly seen in person who sweats in excessive.
- Onset of Tinea corporis is insidious accompanied with intense itching.
- How the lesion looks
- Tin corporis starts as small circular scaly patch like most of fungal infections with patch rose pink to vivid red in colour.
- Margins Tinea corporis are well defined,inflamed.
- In Tinae corporis usually spreads peripherally that is away from centre.
- In Tinae corporis lesions run on one other looks like one big lesion.
- The speciality and key note of Tinae corporis is there is clear in the centre of the lesion that means its not involved in centre more peripherally.
- Prognosis favourable if predisposing cause are corrected.
- Tinae corporis is spread through fomites,infected persons clothing to be washed with hot water and dried in hot sun.
- As a rule keep the affected part clean and dry.