Herpes simplex is rare dermatology disease caused by viral organism(herpesviridae family) hence is a viral skin infection.
Herpes simplex is acute viral infection of skin characterised by itchy,vesicular eruptions on skin and mucous membrane.
- Causative organism-Herpes simplex virus.
- Herpes simplex is usually transmitted by close contact
- Stress,physical or mental.
- Debilitating individual.
- Herpes simplex is very common in cold seasons.
- CLINICAL FEATURES
Herpes simplex is a very slow growing skin infection having insidious onset,affecting especially lips,nose,mouth and genitalia.
- Herpes simplex like most of the skin infections starts with itching followed by burning pain.
How the lesion looks:
- Herpes simplex starts as red swollen,localised macule.
- Then small tiny multiple,grouped vesicles form on macules.
- Vesicle contains clear contents.
- Vesicles rupture,crust form heals without leaving a scar.
- Secondary infection.
- Herpes simplex usually has about 7-14 days of course
- Prognosis being good
- Recurrence is common.
- Maintain good hygiene.
- Keep affected parts clean.
- Adequate physical and mental rest.