Callosity is rare dermatology condition which results in thickening of skin. It is superficial skin disease.
Callosity is defined as circumscribed,localised,painless thickening of epidermal layer of skin.
- Callosity is skin condition where in the superficial layer that is epidermis is thickening occurs
- Constant repeated and prolonged presuure and friction of skin
- Callosity usually has a very insidious onset,affecting points of friction like soles,feet and hands which are subjected to continues friction.
How the lesions look:
- Callosity is convex thickening,rounded contour,tallow coloured
- Thickness diminishes at periphery.
- Gradually melts away into adjacent normal skin.
- Callosity can not resolve if the underlying mechanical problem is not removed.
- Correct the underlying cause.
- Use of doctor chappals to relieve undue pressure.
- Avoid undue pressure of the affected part.