Bronchial Asthma is respiratory disease which usually has genetic tendency with positive family history,Bronchial asthma is lower respiratory tract infection(LRTI).
Bronchial asthma is a syndrome of variable airflow obstruction.
Bronchial tube hypersensitivity disorder characterised by reversible airway obstruction as result of mucosal oedema,bronchial constriction and excessive secretion of viscid mucus.
pathologically bronchial asthma is characterised by bronchial inflammation,physiologically,bronchial asthma is characterised by bronchial hypersensitivity.
Clinically characterised by -Variable cough
- Chest tightness
Generally asthma is classified into
- Extrinsic asthma- also called atopic asthma where in there is increase production of IgE(immunoglobulins) in response to allergens(dusts,pollens).
- Intrinsic asthma-also called non atopic asthma where in IgE cannot be demonstrated.
- Inducers of asthma
- Inhalants like house dust,pollens,fumes,smoke
- Ingestants like few food products to which the patient is hypersensitive to like egg,milk..etc.
Precipitating causes are the once that bring about an attack of asthma
- Emotional stress
- Physical exertion
- Change in temperature
- Exposure to cold
- Cigarette smoking
- Lowered immunity.
- The onset of an attack of Bronchial asthma is sudden,starts in late night or early morning(key note symptom of Bronchial asthma)
- Sensation of tightness in chest
- Dyspnoea(difficulty in breathing)
- Want of air,gasping type .
- Paroxysmal cough(sudden outbursts of cough).
- Expectoration is difficult ,scanty,mucoid.
- Attack subsides within few hours.
- Complete bed rest.
- Physical anmd mental rest.
- Avoid all the above mentioned precipitating factors.
- Take extra puff of aerosol inhaler.
- Take some hot tea or keep sipping warm water.